What IS a Sherpa?

For all of you shoppers out there that have a "significant other" that supports your shopping by carrying your bags, opening your doors and waiting patiently for you as you browse the sale racks! Reward this person with a "Sherpa on Duty" pin that he or she will wear proudly on your next shopping venture.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I learned from my wife (about returns)!


My wife is the "Queen" of the returns!  I've learned a lot about returning items that you do not like or want!  I came from the school of "once purchased-then owned"!  No longer is this case.  I posted an earlier experience where I had to select a shirt for a special event.  I value my wife's opinion on my clothes (though I do not always agree but she has great taste).  I ended up selecting several shirts in about twenty minutes and then returned home to pick one.  Now, I know I'm not the only person that does this.  She helped me decide and then I returned the remaining shirts for credit.Last night was another good example of her success at returning an item.  Little did she know that she had purchased a bracelet that was a final sales item.  She approached the salesperson who informed her the bracelet could not be returned.  Much to my wife's shock she insisted on not knowing that it could not be returned.  She had purchased the bracelet as a "back up" item for a dress up event.  She decided she did not like the bracelet. The sales person was surprised that she was not informed that the item could not be returned.  Fortunately, and with her good luck, the sales person called her manager who promptly approved the refund.  It was a good thing as my wife likes the items in this shop and will be a repeat customer in the future, I am sure.
Returning items is a part of shopping.  This is what I have learned, though being a guy, not always easy to do!  Shop on Sherpa!

No comments: